Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 August 2011

New Ginger Wildheart triple album coming soon


.......and you can get involved, but I'll let the man speak for himself.

I love music being independent. Always have.

The D.I.Y approach has appealed to me since I watched the original punks gatecrash the charts and infuriate the press. But the thing was, they couldn’t be stopped because the people were behind their militant stance and the mainstream could only stubbornly hope that they’d just go away. But we never went away. Revolution was born.

I remember thinking how cool it was to hear Jimmy Saville, on Radio One, refer to ‘Never Mind The Bollocks’ as, simply, ‘Nevermind’. And when “God Save The Queen” stormed the charts at number one? Well, there just wasn’t a number one that week, the slot was left blank.

But we all knew. To the believers this was victory.

What I want to do is keep that spirit thriving. Music made for the people by the people.

This triple album will be exclusive to the people who pledge to get it made. The general public will have to make do with a single album of around 12 songs, which you Pledgers will choose for me – thanks! – while the 30 song extravaganza will only ever be property of the hardcore. The people who believe.

We will also bring you devoted pledgers studio video reports following every step of the recording process, allowing you into our inner sanctum, bringing you closer than ever before. Hey, you’re paying for this, it’s only appropriate that you get to see how your cash is being used.

And just to clarify, this is a completely different project to Ginger Wildheart Mutation ‘The Frankenstein Effect’.
Very different indeed.

Of the money you pledge we will also donate 10% to Save The Children.

The catch? There is no catch. If this works we will continue to bring you great offers like this. Albums, holidays, exclusive performances and so much more. Believe me this is just the beginning.

I pray that your generosity and love of music makes this project possible.

Come on. I know we can do this.
Now, please just prove me right.

Gx

Link
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/gingerwildheart

So there you go. A triple album for twenty quid that will not be commercially released. Fuck me, but I can't see the downside to this.

4 comments:

  1. I love the video attached to the press release where he asks "what can you buy for 20 quid"...one of the answers is Greece. :)

    I'm going to add some cash to the cause, it's just at what level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've went for the twenty quid option. Just the triple CD.
    The whole idea has shown how anyone who has a good fanbase can side-step the music industry.
    It's an honest transaction between the musician and the fan.
    The only downside is that for it to work the fan base has to be already in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've ordered two of the signed cd's at 25 quid a pop. Can't wait for them to be delivered... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just ordered the new Dollyrots album on the same pledge basis and I'll be interviewing them soon to talk about the concept.
    It's a great idea and more power to the bands doing it.

    ReplyDelete