Search This Blog

Saturday 1 September 2012

Hurray For The Riff Raff - Pivo Pivo - Glasgow.

I'll refrain from reviewing the gig as I never feel comfortable giving an opinion on a show that I have put on myself.
The possible opportunity of accusations of bias casts a long shadow so I prefer to let others freely express their views on the night, good or bad.
So instead this is really just a roll call of thanks.
Of course first and foremost I should say thank you to Kelly Conway who has been my partner in crime for four years now.
My love for her over that time has never faded, but instead increased.
Then there's Claire Amos and Pauline Oubari whose positive support is very much appreciated.
Of course I have to also extend my gratitude to the support acts of the evening.
The Dirt, Little Fire and Matt Scott all played sets that enthralled, and that brings me onto everyone who turned up to the gig.
From the bottom of my heart thank you.
I'm struggling to recall ever being part of such a communally supportive audience.
I'm sure I can speak on behalf of the supports and extend some gratitude from them to you for how freely you lent them your ears and how you all willingly displayed your appreciation.
It does make a difference.
Then there's the venue.
Pivo.
If I had a glass in my hand just now I would be raising it to duty manager Foley, sound man supreme Omar, all the bar staff, and of course the best doorman in Glasgow that is the legend who is Sam.
A personal thank you is also extended to friends who supported the evening and by attending sprinkled a bit of magic over it for me.
Douglas and Rochelle. It's been too long. Seriously.
Robbie and Angie, John and Angela, Johnny Fiddles and his crew, Dani and Cat, Taylor, Jamie NoMan, Chris Devotion, CJ Monk and..........
I could go on and on and on.
In fact I've probably mortally offended someone by failing to give them a shout out.
Oh. The people who I don't know who traveled from the Highlands.
They really do deserve to be lauded for their efforts.
Last, but never ever that low down in my thoughts is my son Euan, who finally reached an age where he could come along and see what the outcome is of all those nights I batter away at the keyboard, and of course my daughter Alanna who is and always will be my angel.

Mainy


PS Here's what you missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment